The ProTrak team is familiar with migrating data from a wide variety of platforms, including SalesForce.com, Microsoft Dynamics, SalesLogix, ACT!, Goldmine, Excel, Outlook, in-house proprietary databases and many other platforms.
We work with you to ensure that the process is completed in a timely and effective manner.
Typically, we will ask for a sample of the data located on your existing platform, and, after a careful evaluation, provide you with a migration path and cost associated with the conversion effort. Our team will discuss all aspects of the migration process to ensure a successful and smooth transition.
THE DATA CONVERSION/IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS
The essence of the data conversion process is to determine what data needs to be converted from your existing legacy system(s).
As part of the clean-up process, we will ensure that no duplicate company or contact information exists. In many cases, the same contacts might be associated with a number of companies, in which case, appropriate mapping will be established.
Special attention is paid to the Prospect/Client and Consultant/Intermediary relationships that typically do not exist in legacy systems.
Below is a typical process for ensuring a satisfactory data migration and implementation effort:
- Identify the various platforms, systems and locations where the data is currently located.
- Obtain a data sample from each of the systems.
- Analyze each sample and review which data should be migrated.
- Determine the scope of the conversion.
- Provide the data migration proposal and cost estimate.
- Provide examples of data in ProTrak for approval and sign off.
- Freeze the legacy system updates while the data is uploaded to ProTrak, converted, and installed in your ProTrak system.
- Complete user training and launch ProTrak CRM